Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What's Underfoot?

The coffee table search continues (Renninger's was great but no dice with tables). I'm gonna keep browsing Craigslist and cruising local places until I find a table I can't say no to. In the meantime, I thought I'd share pictures of our new, comfy addition to the living room—the long-awaited area rug.


I say long-awaited because I've been searching for the right rug for over a year (you may remember this post all the way back from September 2011).

I was initially drawn to large, graphic area rugs (usually made out of wool) and saw a few on Overstock that seemed like contenders. But in my growing mission to choose more environmentally/health friendly furnishings, I started opening up my search to eco-friendly rugs. That's when I came across SmartStrand carpet. It's made by Mohawk and it's a renewably sourced, low-VOC product. I figure we buy low-VOC paint for our house, so why not buy a low-VOC rug?

After some researching, we went to Lowe's and ProSource to look at samples. We chose a nice yellow in a frieze pile because we wanted something that was soft (check) and something that would contrast against our laminate floor (check). Then we had the folks at ProSource (where we ultimately bought from) cut an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of carpet for our space. The carpet was finally bound around the edges and ready for us to go pick up.


We're loving the rug so far. It's very soft on the feet and makes the whole area much more cozy.




No comments:

Post a Comment