Monday, April 25, 2011

Front Yard Facelift: Finally Complete!

I've slowly been working away at the front yard project this past month and I finally finished it up today. Whew. Here's what it looked like before I did the overhaul:


And here are a few afters:




I added a few more plants to the front bed to fill it out a little—some knockout roses and jasmine (I put in the japanese boxwood and loropetalum a while ago). I'm hoping the jasmine will grow up and around the white columns nicely. I also painted some terra cotta pots I got from Craigslist and Old Time Pottery using this tutorial from Young House Love. I wanted a color that would stand out against the red brick, so I went for a mustard yellow.


It wasn't all fun and games, though. I totally bit it when I was trying to fit one of the window boxes into its slot. I dropped the entire box and had to replant the whole thing. Boo.


Luckily I finished up right before one of those flash afternoon Florida storms came rolling in.


Maybe the front yard will give us the motivation to finish up some backyard projects soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment