Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Master Bedroom Mini Makeover

I've been working over the past few weeks to make our bedroom a little more cozy and a little more ooh la la. When we first moved in over two years ago, we cleaned, painted, and set down the bedroom furniture we had in our old apartment. We added small things here and there, but the look of the room hadn't really evolved much.


So going on the momentum of our kitchen renovation and generally trying to make things a little more sophisticated and polished around here, I decided to take action.


I was feeling like all the dark furniture and accessories were kind of bringing the whole room down, so I infused more white with some curtains, the syroco mirror that I spray painted, and a stencil on the wall behind the bed.

The wall on the right side of the bed was looking a bit bare and stark and that small picture just wasn't the right proportion for the space.


So I hung up the syroco mirror and added some softness with Ikea curtains.


I'd also been wanting to do a stencil somewhere in the house, so I thought the wall behind the bed would make a good "focus" wall. I framed the stencil with a couple of pieces of vertical molding from Home Depot that I painted white (my momma helped me cut the molding and nail it up—thanks, mom!). The stencil was kind of a pain in the butt to apply to the wall, but I'm pretty happy with the end product.


I spray painted the frames hanging above the bed white so they'd be more cohesive with the stencil (go spray paint!)

Eventually we'd like to get a new duvet cover (we've had this one since our apartment days and it's getting a little dingy) but the master is looking pretty spiffy at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment