Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sucker for Chevron

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for all things chevron.


I'm also a sucker for vintage chairs (although my husband has informed me that I'm cut off from buying any more). So I thought I'd jump on the chevron bandwagon and combine my two great loves by, wait for it, covering one of my mid-century chairs with chevron fabric. Cuhrazy. This gray Danish number I bought off Craigslist a couple years ago will be my victim (uh, excuse the cat toys in the background).


I bought the chevron fabric from fabric.com (for $12.48 per yard—I bought three).


I can't wait to cover it, but I have a little confession to make: I have no idea how to sew. I tend to buy these great vintage chairs with not-so-great fabrics and tell myself, "Well, I'll just reupholster it." It sounds so easy but other than some tutorials I've kind of breezed over online, I'm not quite sure how to begin. Luckily, I have some people in my life who are pretty handy with a needle so I may be calling in some favors...Either way, I'll get that fabric on there somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment